Monday, March 29, 2010

NCW Conference Palooza

Post by NCW Director Kerrie Flanagan.

Whew...what a great weekend. I am thrilled with how everything went at the 5th Annual Northern Colorado Writers Conference. I am still recovering, but I have been enjoying all the blog posts by writers who attended the conference and I thought I would share those with you as well.

Patricia Stoltey's Blog
Day one of the Northern Colorado Writers Conference is now history, at least for me. There were still writers and agents schmoozing in the hotel atrium when I dragged my tired body home. Since I live less than ten minutes by car from the conference hotel, I commute....READ MORE

Day Two: The coffee, fruit, and pastries breakfast buffet was scheduled for 7:30 to 8:30. I had planned to jump up early and head for the hotel before 8. That didn't quite happen. I popped in about 8:30, then spent so much time visiting with other writers and guzzling coffee that I missed the first session completely...READ MORE

Helen Colella's Blog
Thanks to the generosity of a dear friend, today I had the pleasure of attending the 5th Northern Colorado Writers Conference.Writers, both published and pre-published (Mike Befler’s clever tag), joined in welcoming award winning novelist and creator of more than forty television shows, Stephen Cannell. His keynote presentation kept the audience enthralled...READ MORE

Kay's Blog
First, I want to praise Kerri Flanagan, the director of the Northern Colorado Writers. She's been doing the conference for five years, and each year some new useful new tool appears. This year's gem was a spiral bound notebook with presenter info, session handouts, and lined pages to write on scattered through out -- all in alphabetical order...READ MORE

Maggie Goins' Blog
Nobody ever told me writing would be easy. In fact, so many people have told me how difficult writing success is to achieve, I sometimes feel like I might as well wake up from my dreams. One of the best ways for a writer to feel valid and rededicated to their pursuits is a good writers conference. The Northern Colorado Writers Conference this past weekend was just what I needed...READ MORE

Tracey Sioux's Blog
I just spent the weekend at Northern Colorado Writers Conference. I pitched The Girl Revolution book to an agent, Rachelle Garnder, a lovely woman with two daughters, at lunch. She invited me to send it in...READ MORE

Patti Struble's Blog
This last weekend I had the privelege of attending the Northern Colorado Writer's 5th Annual Conference. I met amazing talented people who inspired, educated, and provided great insights. I was also lucky enough to meet with an agent during a pitch session. And, the agent made my day by asking to see more of my work...READ MORE

If you have blogged about the conference, let me know and I will add it to the post.
I am already thinking about next year's conference. :-)

~Kerrie

6 comments :

Mason Canyon said...

Sounds like it was an amazing conference. Congratulations for a job well done.

Kay said...

Hey, the conferences have always been amazing.

[Kerrie, thanks for the mention of my blog.]

carolynyalin said...

You are only allowed to think about it, not do anything. You should rest after putting on such a great event.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Thanks for the links, Kerrie. You certainly managed to get us buzzing about a good thing...

Kerrie said...

Mason, the conference was a lot of fun.
Thanks Kay.
Carolyn, I did rest all day Sunday-but I am already raring to start planning next year's.
Pat-You're welcome.

Erika said...

Thanks Kerrie! I blogged about it also. http://notesfromnigeria-erika.blogspot.com.

Share a Post